Panther Camp provides incoming FIU students with the opportunity to transition to FIU in an exciting and engaging manner. The program focuses on building relationships with other FIU students, fostering school spirit, cultivating future student leaders and helping students learn about FIU's traditions and unique culture. Become a part of a proud FIU tradition and build new friendships as you begin your journey as a Panther!
Spring Panther Camp Registration is LIVE!
Degree-seeking first-year and transfer students admitted Early Fall 2022, Fall 2022, and Spring 2023 are eligible to attend. Join us on January 20-21, 2023!
Guide to Panther Camp
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The camps are designed for students based on their admission status. Spring 2023 admitted students as well as Early Fall and Fall 2022 admitted students are eligible to attend Panther Camp on January 20-21, 2023
- Parents and family members are not able to attend. Panther Camp is a retreat for new students only. We encourage parents and family members to attend our annual Parent & Family Weekend, which takes place during the Fall semester.
- Follow and connect with us via all of our social media outlets (@fiupanthercamp or FIU Panther Camp) to stay informed on any updates or opportunities with our Panther Camp program.
Panther Camp Check-In - Modesto Maidique Campus
We can’t wait to see you at Panther Camp! As a friendly reminder, please make sure you review the information on all two tabs below to help you prepare for Panther Camp.
Panther Camp Program Check-In
- Check-in for Panther Camp is at 9:00 a.m. in the Student Academic Success Center (SASC) at the Modesto Maidique Campus.
- Enter campus from the main entrance off SW 107th Avenue via SW 16th Street.
- Please see/print our campus map or use the FIU Mobile app, which has interactive maps to help you locate SASC and the drop/off/parking areas.
- If there is anything preventing you from checking in on time, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking & Transportation
- The nearest drop-off area for campers is in Lot 3. The nearest student parking areas for campers are Lot 3, Gold Garage (PG-1) and Blue Garage (PG-2). Students can park in any unmarked spaces. When you exit the garages, follow the signs to the Student Academic Success Center.
- Once enrolled in classes, ensure your vehicle is registered under your account through FIU’s Parking and Transportation website. Do not create a guest account.
- If you are traveling from the Biscayne Bay Campus (BBC), there is the BBC Shuttle, which takes students to MMC, that is running on Friday morning starting at 6:00 am and in 30-minute increments afterwards. This shuttle service is free for enrolled students. The cost is $5.00 per trip when boarding for guests and non-enrolled students.
All efforts are made to ensure that participants pay as little as possible to attend Panther Camp. Those in need of financial assistance to attend Panther Camp can apply for our scholarship listed below.
Panther Camp Scholarship
Throughout the academic year the Panther Camp team raises funds for the Panther Camp Program to help defer the cost of Camp for students with financial need. Recipients will receive a 50% scholarship to reduce the registration fee. The recipients of the scholarship are responsible for the difference in the cost of registration.
Recipients are selected solely based on expressed need, not on merit. All scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis. Panther Camp does not offer a full waiver of registration cost or academic scholarships.
Students interested in applying for the scholarship will complete the Panther Camp Scholarship Application (form and essay via PantherConnect). Applications are reviewed and selected applicants will receive an email with instructions on how to register at the reduced price. Scholarships will not be granted to participants who have already registered for Panther Camp.
Panther Camp Roaryals
Every year, Panther Camp selects up to two program alumni to serve as Panther Camp Roaryals. These alumni serve as representatives of the Panther Camp program and help to raise funds for the Panther Camp Program. The Panther Camp Roaryals are selected during our annual Panther Camp Fundraising Week. To be eligible to run for either position, you must have attended Panther Camp in some capacity, be a currently enrolled student, complete the required application and interview, and actively participate in all Panther Camp Fundraising Week events.
Support Panther Camp
If you are not an incoming student but still want to get involved in Panther Camp on a leadership level, please see our Panther Camp Leadership page.
Panther Camp Foundation
Donations to the Panther Camp Program FIU Foundation will provide support for any expenses related to the operations, programming, services and student support. If you'd like to make an in-kind donation or have questions, please email email@example.com!