FIU Student Health & Wellness aims to support the overall well-being of students. Healthy Panthers is a multi-faceted approach (i.e., services, programs, trainings, and campaigns) that will educate, engage, and empower the university community to sustain lifelong health and wellness.
FIU Student Health & Wellness Services
- Athletic Training Services is a division of the FIU Wellness & Recreation Center at MMC focused on providing free and/or low-cost on-site and clinical athletic training services to FIU students with muscle injuries or conditions.
- The Student Health Clinics provide affordable and accessible student-focused medical care and promote healthy lifestyles through education, mentorship, and research activities thus facilitating the academic success of our students.
- The mission of FIU's Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) is to provide mental health services to students that will facilitate and enhance their personal learning, emotional wellbeing, and academic skills development.
- The Dean of Students works with campus partners to identify and address student concerns and crises. In addition to providing support to students, the Dean of Students oversees initiatives that facilitate student growth and development and the Student Conduct & Academic Integrity Office which implements and enforces university policies.
- Our aim is to guide and support students with disabilities throughout their college experience, from transitioning into FIU to graduating from our university, the DRC’s goal is to help you be successful.
- Student Health Clinics provide care, but you still need health insurance while at FIU. Make sure you have a health insurance plan or find out how you can get coverage through a student plan.
- At the Healthy Living Program (HLP), we offer a holistic and preventative approach to health by encouraging FIU students to engage in everyday healthy lifestyle practices!
- The Office of Student Conduct and Academic Integrity (SCAI), works to ensure that FIU is a “safe and stimulating environment in which scholarship and personal growth may occur.”
- The Victim Empowerment Program’s (VEP) mission is to provides free confidential assistance and support the healing process of FIU students, faculty, staff, and university visitors who have been victimized through threatened or actual violence.
- Offering fitness classes, state-of-the-art gym equipment, adventure excursions and more, the Wellness & Recreation Centers (WRC) have everything you need to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.
- The Financial Wellness Program at FIU aims to help students better understand what it means to live a financially healthy life and all the good things that come along with it.
- The food pantries serve FIU students in need. All the food distributed comes from donations made by staff, faculty, members of the community, and student groups.