24 hours after you've paid your $200 tuition deposit or have had it waived, log into your my.fiu.edu account, and click the Orientation tile. Here you will see more information and be connected to the portal to begin your Virtual Orientation. Upon completion, you will be charged $35.
Follow these suggestions to complete your Virtual Orientation:
- Disable any pop-up blockers temporarily on your internet browser to access the Virtual Orientation
- Let all of the videos play through on their own. Skipping ahead will prevent you from progressing forward in the module.
- You may stop if necessary and continue where you left off by going back to the link in your MyFIU account
- Stay active within the Virtual Orientation to ensure that you do not time out of the system and lose your progress
- If you followed these instructions and still have technical difficulties, then send an email with your name, Panther ID, a detailed description of the problem, and any relevant screenshot's to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Sign up for your First Year Orientation via your my.fiu.edu portal under the “Orientation” tile. Choose between on-campus sessions at the Modesto A. Maidique Campus or the Biscayne Bay Campus, based on where you plan to take most of your classes during your first semester. Students can bring up to 2 guests (for a fee) and have the option to stay on campus for Orientation only to accommodate travel. There is a guest capacity for our sessions.
Note: The option to stay on campus is for students only.
Individuals with disabilities may request accommodations. You must make the request no less than five (5) business days in advance by emailing email@example.com.
To have your Orientation hold removed and to register for classes, you will need to fully complete your orientation process in one of two ways depending on your admitted degree-program:
- Students in standard degree programs will sign up for First-Year Orientation.
- First-Year Orientation is an on-campus one day program at Modesto Maidique Campus or at the Biscayne Bay Campus, designed for you to dive deeper into resources to support your success, get additional questions answered, and connect with fellow students.
- After you have completed your mandatory First-Year Orientation, you will be academic advised during the scheduled zoom session selected when you registered for your First-Year Orientation. Your academic advisor will remove the First Time Student (UUC) registration hold. You will then be the be able to register for your classes.
- Details about how to sign up for First-Year Orientation and what you should do to prepare are detailed below.
- If you are a student in a fully-online degree program (will never take classes on campus), you should schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor via your Panther Success Network in MyFIU under the "Academic Advising" tile. For questions on advising appointments, please reach out to your academic college directly.