First-Year Orientation at the Modesto Maidique Campus (MMC) is a one-day program. It will begin from 8:00 a.m. and end at 5:00 p.m.
Failure to complete the one-day program in its entirety will require you to register for another date. If another date is unavailable during your admit term, you will need to contact Admissions to defer your admit term.
Guests: Parent and Family Orientation is an optional program that runs concurrently with your First-Year Orientation. It will provide your family with important information about FIU tailored to their role in your college experience. You will be separate for parts of the program, so it may not be appropriate for friends or other non-family members to attend with you. The fee is $10/person, and you are allowed up to 2 guests only. Please remember that once a parent/family member is registered, you are responsible for making any outstanding payments for both your charges and theirs. Lastly, parent and family members are encouraged to complete a free self-paced orientation by visiting go.fiu.edu/pforientation.
- Students, Parents/Family Members: Your check-in location and time begins at 8:00 a.m. in the Graham Center (GC) Ballrooms.
- Enter campus from the main entrance off SW 107th Avenue via SW 16th Street.
- Parking is provided free of charge at any garage on campus; however, we encourage you to park in Blue or Gold Garage to be within close walking distance, in any blue or unmarked parking spot. Please register your car for your orientation session via this Orientation Parking Link before coming to campus.
- Once you exit the garage, follow the PAW prints and signs to the Student Academic Success Center.
- Please see/print our campus map or use the FIU Mobile app, which has interactive maps to help you locate the Blue Garage (PG2) and Graham Center.
Items to Bring
- Computer, Charger, and Headphones – Bring a charged tablet or laptop if you have one for note taking/class registration. If you don’t have one, we will have a computer lab available for use for advising and class registration.
- Panther ID Number – The sooner you memorize it, the better!
- FIU.EDU Password – You cannot register for classes without it.
- Documentation to resolve registration holds – If you still have holds on your Orientation Day, such as health (immunization, proof of insurance, etc.) or residency (proof of Florida residency, etc.), make sure you have these items available and readily accessible electronically or physically with you.
- Driver’s License or other government-issued photo ID – to get your FIU One Card.
- A light sweater or jacket – the rooms inside can be chilly.
- A water bottle to stay hydrated - we have water fountains on campus!
- Cash/credit card – for anything you may want to purchase while on campus.
- Positive attitude – always a must-have!
- Special Initiative – you are invited to support your fellow Panthers in need by donating items to our on-campus Student Food Pantry. We collect these during check-in. Please see below for suggested donations:
- Grains (pasta, rice, etc.)
- Jarred pasta sauces
- Boxed pasta (i.e., macaroni & cheese)
- Non-perishable fruit
- Non-perishable protein
- All types of cereal