This QEP—and the FIU Next Horizon 2025 strategic plan from which it emerged—seek to respond to the rapid changes occurring in higher education and in the workplace. The Critical Skills for the 21st Century initiative supports FIU’s strategic priority to amplify learner success, specifically the goal of aligning curriculum with career needs to ensure employment readiness, post-graduation success, and workforce and industry advancement.
Identifying the topic
- Strategic Plan Kickoff: Sept. 2018
- Discussions with Constituents: Oct. - Nov. 2018
- Workgroup Meetings: Oct. - Dec. 2018
- Workgroups Submit Recommendations - Dec. 2018
- Discussions with Stakeholder Groups: Jan. - April 2019
- Steering Committee identifies four potential QEP topics: April 2019
- Leadership Team selects QEP topic.
Selected topic–Artificial Intelligence, Data and Emotional Intelligence: Critical Skills for the 21st Century.