Dates and deadlines
The SGA (A&S Fee) Budget Request form FY 2022-2023 is due December 1st, 2021.
SGA Budget Request forms are now available under FORMS and are due on Wednesday, December 1, 2021. All budget request forms must be submitted electronically to email@example.com and will NOT be accepted after the deadline.
SGA budget hearings will be held on January 20, 21, and 25, 2022 via zoom (webinar style). SGA budget deliberations will be webcast on February 9, 10, and 11th. For additional information contact Silvana Rogelis at 305-348-2720 or the A&S Business Office at 305-348-3077.
SGA Budget Allocations
- 2021-2022 SGA Budget Allocation
- 2020-2021 SGA Budget Allocation
- 2019-2020 SGA Budget Allocation
- 2017-2018 SGA Budget Allocation
- 2017-2018 Additional Budget Allocation
- 2018-2019 SGA Budget Allocation
- 2016-2017 SGA Budget Allocation
Steps for SGA Budget Request
- The A&S Business Office will send notifications to all current A&S fee recipients and will post information for the new fiscal year SGA budget request training, deadlines and forms online. All requestors are responsible for completing the form on time and to present the budget request during scheduled budget hearings.
- The SGA University Wide Council, the SGC MMC Council, and BBC Council meets, deliberates, and amends the requests based on goals and objectives and availability of funds.
- This budget is then voted on by the respective Councils and presented to the Senate.
- The SGA President(s) and Comptroller(s) sign the recommended allocation and submit to the Senior Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs (FIU President's designee).
- The Senior Vice President for the Division of Academic and Student Affairs (DASA) has "15 school days from the date of presentation of the budget to act on the allocation and expenditure recommendations, which shall be deemed approved if not action is taken within the 15 school days. If any line item or portion thereof within the budget is vetoed, SGA legislative body shall within 15 school days make new budget recommendations for expenditure of the vetoed portion of the fund. If the [SVP DASA] vetoes any line item or portion thereof within the new budget revisions, the SVP for DASA may reallocate by line item that vetoed portion to bond obligations guaranteed by Activity and Service fees." (Florida Statutes 1009.24 (10)(b).
- Once the SVP for DASA approves the final budget, the A&S Business Office will send notice to all recipients of their approved allocation.
- All budgets will be loaded into Panthersoft for the start of the new fiscal year and funds are ready for use July 1.