Strategies for Success Course
The purpose of this course is to improve students’ academic and personal development in the areas of learning strategies, study skills, time management, problem solving, goal setting, and how to use campus resources effectively.
Students will develop their ability to:
- Identify short- and long-term goals.
- Recognize the impact that academic performance can have on academic success.
- Utilize effective time management techniques.
- Engage in self-reflection, identify roadblocks to success, and utilize appropriate campus resources to overcome obstacles.
- Recognize how learning strategies can differ for various course topics and apply them accordingly.
- Evaluate personal progress related to goals and modify plans to ensure continuous improvement.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the importance of setting the stage for success in higher education.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Locate available resources within the course, local community, or online to support their academic, personal, and professional goals
- Interact effectively and constructively with peers and faculty.
- Define and apply concepts of future planning and positive thinking.