Behavioral Health Services
Please call 305-348-8385 to request a psychiatric evaluation.
We provide psychiatric treatment to help students from any department or program with their behavioral health. There are no additional fees and services are only for enrolled students.
These are examples of the things that we can help you with:
- Anxiety and stress management
- Other mood disorders (Example: Bipolar disorders)
- ADHD or ADD (attention deficit disorders, inattentive, hyperactive, or combined)
- Other causes of concentration or attention problems
- Panic attacks
- Insomnia or sleep problems
- Personality disorders
- History of trauma
- Obsessions and/or compulsions
- Psychosis or schizophrenia
- Grieving or Bereavement
- Substance use problem (sometimes requires a referral for specialty services or program)
- Eating disorders (sometimes requires a referral for specialty services)
For more information about scheduling, please call 305-348-8385. It is preferred (sometimes required) for you to provide documentation of prior psychiatric or psychological treatment, if you have such history. It is required as per policy for students to provide documentation of prior history for diagnoses such as Attention-deficit and/or Hyperactivity disorders, if you are requesting continuation of treatment for that condition.
The Behavioral Health team at Student Health collaborates with the clinicians of FIU's Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) Department and can refer students to CAPS or to the Victim Empowerment Program for counseling or psychotherapy as needed.