Learning Enhancement Academic Program (LEAP)
The Learning Enhancement Academic Program (LEAP) is an interactive bridge program for all new student-athletes at FIU (incoming freshmen and transfer students). Its purpose is to develop the skills necessary for new student-athletes to easily transition to FIU through engaging sessions facilitated by cross-campus departments and peer mentors who are selected student-athletes who have proven to be successful in the classroom and within their sport.
LEAP is held during Summer B and through the Fall semester. Although LEAP is not offered during the spring semester, students who are admitted during the spring term will complete LEAP during the next available semester.
- Students will be able to enhance their academic confidence through engagement in developmental activities.
- Students will be able to proficiently navigate FIU-based technological tools, such as Portfolium and GradesFirst.
- Students will be able to know how to positively represent FIU throughout the community.
- Students will be able to identify and utilize campus resources per their needs.
- Students will acquire transferrable skills that can be applied to academic, athletic, and professional lives.
- Peer-Mentors will be able to guide and lead the incoming student-athletes by example and assist in their transition to the FIU culture
To learn more about what our program offers please view the materials below: