Get ready for an interactive and engaging Remote Transfer Orientation experience! During this time, you will have the opportunity to chat with your peers, meet your peer advisor and academic advisor, along with learning important information about FIU! As a friendly reminder, please make sure you review the items below to be fully prepared for your remote Transfer Orientation.
Remote Transfer Orientation via Zoom is a one-day program. Check-in for the program begins from 8:30 – 9:00 am and ends no later than 4:00 p.m.
You will be using both Zoom Webinar and Zoom Meetings on our orientation day. We recommend using a desktop, laptop or tablet with headphones for the best interface. Prior to attending a webinar or meeting, you must first download the Zoom application.
- After launching Zoom, select “Sign in with SSO.”
- Type “FIU” for the company domain.
- Sign in with your username and the password from your my.FIU.edu account/FIU email.
- After you sign in, review your email for the Transfer Orientation Zoom link that was sent to you separately. You will not see this meeting scheduled in your Zoom account.
- Consider showing off your Panther Pride with one of our Zoom backgrounds by downloading an Orientation background. Choose which one you would like as a fun background and be in the Panther spirit!
When you join a Zoom meeting hosted by another user, you are considered an attendee. Below are some additional resources to help you login, understand Zoom attendee functions, test your internet connection, audio and/or video.
Panther Connections: Discord
- To encourage more connections between orientation attendees, we have launched an optional Discord Server for your session. You will be able to join once you see the link on Zoom! Within the Server, you will see Text Channels where you can introduce yourself in those relevant to you, even prior to your Orientation Day.
- Check out this Beginner’s Guide to Discord if you’re not familiar with this platform. *Note that all posts should be respectful and are subject to FIU’s Student Conduct and Honor Code.
Join the OFP Troubleshooting/Q&A Room between 1 pm – 5 pm on your Orientation Day if you have any issues or questions that can’t be solved in your Academic Advising room. The Zoom Meeting ID is OFP23.