First-Year Orientation at the Modesto Maidique Campus (MMC) is a two-day program.
- Day one will begin at 8:00 a.m. and end at 8:00 p.m.
- Day two is for students only and begins at 8:30 a.m. until you are done registering for classes. There is an optional overnight component.
Failure to complete the two-day program in its entirety will require you to register for another date. If another date is unavailable during your admit term, you will need to contact Admissions to defer your admit term.
Guests: Registered guests are encouraged to attend day one only if attending Orientation. Parent and Family Orientation is an optional program that runs concurrently with the first day of your First-Year Orientation. Students and family members are separate for much of the program, so it may not be appropriate for friends or other non-family members to attend with you.
- Students, Parents/Family Members, Guests: Your check-in location and time begins at 8:00 a.m. in the Student Academic Success Center (SASC).
- Enter campus from the main entrance off SW 107th Avenue via SW 16th Street.
- Parking is provided free of charge at any garage on campus; however, we encourage you to park in Blue or Gold Garage to be within close walking distance, in any blue or unmarked parking spot. Please register your car for your orientation session via this Orientation Parking Link before coming to campus.
- Once you exit the garage, follow the PAW prints and signs to the Student Academic Success Center.
- Please see/print our campus map or use the FIU Mobile app, which has interactive maps to help you locate the Blue Garage (PG2) and Graham Center.
Items to Bring
- Computer, Charger, and Headphones – Bring a charged tablet or laptop if you have one for note taking/class registration. If you don’t have one, we will have a computer lab available for use for advising and class registration.
- Panther ID Number – The sooner you memorize it, the better!
- FIU.EDU Password – You cannot register for classes without it.
- Documentation to resolve registration holds – If you still have holds on your Orientation Day, such as health (immunization, proof of insurance, etc.) or residency (proof of Florida residency, etc.), make sure you have these items available and readily accessible electronically or physically with you.
- Driver’s License or other government-issued photo ID – to get your FIU One Card.
- A light sweater or jacket – the rooms inside can be chilly.
- A water bottle to stay hydrated - we have water fountains on campus!
- Cash/credit card – for anything you may want to purchase while on campus.
- Positive attitude – always a must-have!
- Special Initiative – you are invited to support your fellow Panthers in need by donating items to our on-campus Student Food Pantry. We collect these during check-in. Please see below for suggested donations:
- Grains (pasta, rice, etc.)
- Jarred pasta sauces
- Boxed pasta (i.e., macaroni & cheese)
- Non-perishable fruit
- Non-perishable protein
- All types of cereal