The Center for Academic Success (CfAS) will be offering calculus readiness workshops to students who plan on taking calculus for their degree program. These workshops are designed primarily for students in STEM majors, and need a review to gain a solid foundation for Calculus 1 (MAC2311).
- Be prepared. Bring your textbook, syllabus, laptop and any pertinent materials related to the pace of the course.
- Be on time. Sessions are one hour in length. The tutors need all of this time in order to provide each participant with the necessary attention and detail to his/her progress.
- Be responsible. Once you register for a workshop at the Center for Academic Success (CfAS) you are reserving a place that no other student can take. Be considerate with these workshops. Keep your Panther ID handy when you arrive. You must enter your information at the front area of the center. Make sure that your tutor records your attendance. At the end of the semester these records will be submitted to your professor.
Calculus Readiness Workshop Syllabus
Students are welcome to attend as many workshops as they like! Workshops will be available throughout the week. A few topics will take more than one week to review.
Workshop registration will take place on the Panther Success Network. Follow the steps below to register for the Calculus Readiness workshops. Please keep in mind that PSN allows you to schedule one appointment at a time, you will have to follow the steps again if you want to schedule more than one Calculus Readiness session.
- Login to the Panther Success Network
- Click the blue Schedule an Appointment button on the right side of your Student Home page
- Select the following options on the drop down menus:
- Type of Appointment: Tutoring - Center for Academic Success
- Why you'd like to see someone: Calculus Readiness Workshops
- Choose any one session you want to attend and click Next
- Select Location: Center for Academic Success - Online
- Choose a Tutor and click Next
- On the next screen select an available time for the session you selected, then click the Next button. If you do not see any available times, go back to the previous step and select a different tutor
- Finally, make sure to write down appointment details -- including the Zoom information -- for the session you selected, and click the Confirm Appointment button