Application for Associate in Arts Degree
An AA degree is only awarded upon application and approval. The application can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible to receive the AA degree from FIU, a fully-admitted degree-seeking student must:
- Complete 60 credits, at least 20 of which must be earned at FIU
- Complete all University Core Curriculum requirements (including GRW)
- Complete the Civic Literacy requirement, as appropriate
- Complete the foreign language requirement, FLENT/FLEX
- Have an earned FIU grade point average of 2.0 or higher
- Not have completed the bachelor's degree or applied for graduation
- Not have transferred in more than 40 credits
- Not have any pending incomplete course grades
Please note that AA degrees are certified after final grades are posted at the end of the semester. Awarding of the Associate in Arts degree may take 2-6 weeks after the end of the semester, and the designation will be posted to the FIU transcript. The university does not produce a diploma for the AA and there is no commencement ceremony for the AA.
Questions regarding the AA degree may be directed to Dr. Valerie Morgan by email at email@example.com.