Safety and wellbeing standards
Students at FIU are expected to adhere to the highest standards of integrity in every aspect of their lives. Therefore, students are expected to keep the same standards of behavior for our virtual consultations that you follow for in-person appointments.
The safety and well-being of our staff and students are our foremost concern. The Healthy Living Program (HLP), along with FIU, has zero tolerance for acts that compromise the safety and well-being of members of the University community.
Examples of compromising acts and behaviors include but are not limited to:
- Exposure of oneself to a provider
- Intentionally exposing one’s sexual organs
- Display of sexual behavior that would reasonably be obscene or indecent to others.
- Advances made to a provider
- Verbal abuse – using extreme or excessive language
- Behavior that substantially and/or materially disrupts, disturbs, impairs, interferes with, or obstructs the orderly conduct, processes, and functions of the Healthy Living Program or the rights of other members of the university community.
- Psychological abuse - intimidation, terrorization, humiliation, or isolation of any other person