Qualifications for SGA Officials
The following qualifications shall be required of all SGA official:
- Be a degree seeking; registered non staff student.
- Run for and hold only one office at a time.
- Be under no academic or disciplinary sanctions as detailed in the Student Code of Conduct or individual University College.
- Maintain no less than a 2.5 cumulative undergraduate grade point average and a 2.0 term GPA where applicable.
- Each graduate student holding office shall maintain no less than a 3.0 cumulative graduate GPA and a minimum of a 2.5 term grade point average. Be registered as full-time students for both the Fall and Spring terms as defined by Florida International University. In the semester of graduation, they shall be exempt from full-time enrollment requirements but must maintain a minimum of (3) credit hours.