Men's Engagement Center
About the program
The Men's Engagement Center (MEC) enhances the academic, social and professional success of male-identified learners. The goal of MEC is to empower our male-identified learners through meaningful interactions with staff, former participants, introduction to campus resources and mentoring. Additionally, this program provides students with the tools needed to become engaged and successful members of the FIU community.
Individuals who participate in this program will:
- Learn to think critically about the male identity and what it means to "be a man"
- Examine the expectations of the male identity in our modern society
- Discuss how men are portrayed throughout our nation's history, culture and media
- Redefine the expectations of the male role in family and social relationships
- Develop positive study techniques, stress management skills and leadership competencies
- Incorporate physical and mental health techniques that bolster student wellbeing
All our services and initiatives are open to all FIU students.
Spring 2024 Events
|Male Mentoring Welcome Reception
|MEC: The Keys to Relationship Building
|Tamiami Hall Multipurpose Room
|Golden Touch Barbershop
|MOC: Unique Like Everyone Else
|University Towers Lounge Rm. UT-111
|MEC: How to Win an Argument?
|Men of Color Leadership Symposium
|Male Mentoring Wrap-up Reception