Academy of Leaders
The Academy Of Leaders (AOL) is the premier structured leadership development program for FIU students. AOL develops leadership in participants through educational seminars, experiential exercises, and practical application. Students participate in intensive training sessions that focus on building the following skills: awareness of personality type and leadership style, group development, conflict resolution, and facilitating an effective meeting.
AOL also utilizes the Leadership Challenge model (Kouzes & Posner, 2011) which incorporates five practices of exemplary leadership.
- Model the Way (Themes: values clarification, ethical dimensions)
- Inspire a Shared Vision (Themes: visioning, aligning with others, motivation and persuasion)
- Challenge the Process (Themes: creativity and innovation, learning from mistakes, and asking the right questions.)
- Enable Others to Act (Themes: empowering others, shared decision-making, team building, communication styles, group dynamics)
- Encourage the Heart (Themes: giving recognition, celebrating success)