Student Government Association
FIU SGA represents the interests of students at the Modesto A. Maidique Campus, Biscayne Bay Campus, Engineering Center, and FIU at I-75. In coherence with the idea of checks and balances, SGA is divided into the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches.
Together, SGA exists to represent students and act in their best interests on academic, extracurricular and social issues. Throughout the year, our advocacy efforts extend further than the perimeter of our campus, engaging local, state, and federal officials to help us accomplish our goals.
The purpose of Student Government includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Allocation of the Activity & Service Fee
- To provide official voice and action on behalf of the student body
- Ensure that students' concerns are addressed in governance and policy development of Florida International University at all levels
- Evaluate and establish student programs and services
- Encourage the betterment of educational standards, facilities and services