A modern career development platform - to be your one-stop shop for launching your career.
Handshake offers new features, enabling you to:
- Access personalized job recommendations based on your major and interests
- Register for Career Fairs and network with employers
- Manage on-campus interviews with top companies
- Schedule appointments with your career advisors
Please note, that all FIU students’ accounts are preloaded into the Handshake system. Please go to Handshake to claim your account with your FIU email.
VMock aims to empower students and professionals in various phases of their career journey leveraging the power of artificial intelligence. The VMock platform delivers personalized career guidance to students across the world. Over 250+ leading schools and university career centers and alumni use our products to accelerate their career goals. Our mission is to be a game-changer in the space of career development through delivering exceptional products related to resume feedback, improving LinkedIn profile and overall career preparation.
Here’s what the VMock SMART Platform brings for you:
Applying to internship and job postings in Handshake
Prior to applying to internship and job postings in Handshake, FIU students and alumni must upload their resume to VMock, an AI-based system designed to help you make improvements to their resume. The system rates your document based on a color-coded scale. You must upload your document into VMock and follow the rubric below in order to submit your document to Handshake for approval:
- Create a PDF version of your resume and click here to upload it to VMock.
- Your goal is to get your resume into the system’s “Green Zone” so that it will be ready to be submitted for approval on Handshake.
- If your resume falls into the system’s "Yellow Zone" or "Red Zone", you will have to edit the document until it falls into the system’s “Green Zone.”
- Once your resume reaches the “Green Zone”, your edits are considered complete, and you may upload your document into Handshake for approval.
Yellow Zone or Red Zone
If your resume falls within the "Yellow Zone" or "Red Zone", you will have some edits to make, but don't worry because Career and Talent Development is here to help you! We have resources that will facilitate the process for you:
If you are still in the “Yellow Zone” or the “Red Zone” after using the resources above, you can meet with a career representative during our Hybrid Drop-in Program hours found in Handshake at fiu.joinhandshake.com. You can also schedule to meet with a career representative by making an individual appointment.
If your resume lands on the "Green Zone", please create a PDF version of your resume and click here to upload it to Handshake, using your FIU credentials. Once your edits are complete, upload your resume into Handshake. When your resume is approved on Handshake you can begin applying for internships and jobs!