Career Fair is one of the biggest career-related events in the region. On the Modesto A. Maidique Campus alone, we regularly introduce over 130 employers to nearly 1,500 of our students and alumni. Employers comprise private industry; public, educational, and non-profit organizations; local government, the federal government, law enforcement, and military.
Career Fair is open only to FIU students and alumni, and is free of charge. Students and alumni wishing to attend Career Fair need to register through their Handshake account. Students and alumni must wear professional attire, have a digital copy of their resume available. and have an FIU email.
The next Career Fair will take place in Fall 2023.
Prepare for Career Fairs
- Attend a Prepare for Career Fair Workshop (see event info below)
- Create a Strong resume
- attend a Resume Writing Workshop
- Have your resume critiqued at Resume Fest (see event info below)
- Get help from a Peer Career Coach through our Hybrid Drop-In Program
- Check out our Resume samples and guides in the Handouts and Resources section
- Research Employers attending the Career Fair in Handshake
- Dress professionally